SEAT Ibiza adds a refreshed exterior look, a revolution to the interior, as well as new levels of connectivity and driver assistant systems, helping the compact spanish car to continue its success story.
The SEAT Ibiza has been a key pillar of the brand’s success since it was first introduced back in 1984, and after 37 years, five generations and nearly 6 million sales, it’s the most successful vehicle to ever roll off SEAT’s production line. And the updated fifth generation is here to maintain that winning mentality as a key model in its segment in Europe.
“The SEAT Ibiza is an icon of the brand and the automotive industry, helping us build our position in the market thanks to its astounding sales success,” said Wayne Griffiths, CEO of SEAT and CUPRA. “The refreshed fifth-generation will build on that thanks to its new exterior details and its revolutionary interior, together with new levels of connectivity and safety mean it’s ready to continue the success story.”
The world’s become increasingly digitalised and the SEAT Ibiza is ready to be part of the journey, bringing greater intuitiveness, functionality and quality to the interior space, achieved through an improved design language and increased levels of connected technology and new, more elegant materials.
Major updates for Seat Ibiza facelift:
- The new SEAT Ibiza’s updated exterior look includes 100% LED headlights as standard, as well as the model’s name embossed in handwriting
- The vehicle’s revolutionised interior design brings a modern, digital design language, with illuminated air vents and larger, floating infotainment systems
- Greater levels of connectivity thanks to SEAT CONNECT, wireless access to CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as the voice recognition “Hola Hola” make the new SEAT Ibiza a vehicle ready for the digital era
- New advanced driver assistance systems such as Travel Assist and Side Assist, make the new SEAT Ibiza even more intuitive and reassuring to drive
- The new SEAT Ibiza is available with six different powertrains between 80PS and 150PS, in petrol and CNG
- Reference, Style, Xcellence and FR trims add a huge range of standard equipment and enough options to match the vehicle more closely to the customer’s personality
Add to this the use of lighting technology to improve the cabin’s ambience and the inclusion of the latest infotainment display systems, to bring a strong updated language and feel to the car’s personality.
Under the bonnet, the new SEAT Ibiza will offer six different powertrains between 80PS and 150PS, in petrol and compressed natural gas, linked to either manual or DSG dual-clutch transmissions.
Finally, the SEAT Ibiza adds a range of new driver assistance systems that make driving the urban car more relaxing no matter what the scenario.
Designed, developed and produced in Barcelona, at SEAT’s headquarters in Martorell, the new SEAT Ibiza entered production at the beginning of July; it will be launched in summer 2021.